Coláiste Chiaráin provides an educational setting in which the person is encouraged to grow at every level – personally, academically, spiritually, socially and culturally. Coláiste Chiaráin, Athlone, Co Roscommon will be a Voluntary Catholic Secondary School under the trusteeship of the Diocese of Elphin.
In partnership with parents, the College strives to educate their children in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ and his Church. It aims to foster students’ spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical and creative development and thereby develop their full potential.
Coláiste Chiaráin, Athlone will endeavor to:
- Provide students with a Catholic education that has a sound spiritual, faith, academic and practical content.
- Nourish the building up of a personal relationship with God according to Catholic wisdom as lived out in the community of the church.
- Respect and facilitate the spiritual/human development of students from all religious traditions or faith stances.
- Assist students to reach their full potential by encouraging the talents and gifts unique to each one.
- Develop a sense of self-respect and responsibility among students for themselves and for those whom they can serve, and to foster a sense of community within the school.
- Foster an environment which enables staff and students to promote quality teaching and learning in an atmosphere which is enriching for everybody.
- Inspire students to respect and love their cultural and religious heritage and develop as responsible citizens.
- Encourage students to be creative in their use of leisure through the extra-curricular activities offered.